Train to Teach

What Qualifications do i need?

To be eligible to train with us you must have:

  • GCSE Grade C (4) or above in Maths and English
  • Degree 2.1 or above (In some circumstances a 2.2 would be accepted)



All applicants should have a Grade C/4 or above in English and Maths before they apply to the course (or equivalent, e.g. O-levels but not ALAN tests). 


An A-level in the subject they wish to teach will be useful.  If an applicant has an A-level in one of the shortage subjects - Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Computing, Design and Technology, English, Maths, Modern Foreign Languages or Religious Education, then they may be eligible for a subject knowledge enhancement course to allow them to access a PGCE in one of these areas.

Qualifications gained outside the UK

Your degree must be must be equivalent to an honours degree.  To ascertain comparability you can apply to UK ENIC for a comparability check via the link below.

UK ENIC Comparability Statement

You may also need to supply a UN ENIC statement of comparability for your school certificates if your schooling was carried out overseas.

In addition you may be asked to take an Equivalency test to ensure that your Maths and/or English are up to GCSE Grade C (4) standard.


Although there is no requirement to have experience in an secondary educational setting, you may wish to take part in some observation sessions at a school in your chosen subject.   Please Click HERE to go to our school Experience Programme page.


For further information, please contact us.


We use cookies on this website to improve how it works and how it’s used.

Ok Privacy Policy